2010/02/10

one-woman book club, January edition



At the beginning of the year I promised myself I'd make time to catch up on my reading. I've decided on a MINIMUM of 4 books a month (48 books by the end of the year).  I will chronicle my progress in this blog.

As of today I'm 3 out of four and I still have 6 more days to go. More than enough time for another book.

1. Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides.
- I've read this before way back in the early 2000s but I'm still counting this one. However, in the future, rereads will not be included. I love Jeffrey Eugenides. He's one of the very few authors I read solely for his writing style. He could write an intruction manual for a lear jet and I'd still read it!

2. Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
- Honestly, I don't know why I keep reading Malcolm Gladwell. Curiosity, perhaps? Meh. Tipping Point wasn't bad. But there's no chance of a reread for this one. Ever.

3. High Fidelity by Nick Hornby
- I love Nick Hornby. Almost as much as I love his characters. I can't believe I waited this long to read High Fidelity. I've seen the movie and although I feel it was charmingly done and perfectly cast (John Cusak and Jack Black esp.), I even like it better set in Chicago, I'm a written-word kind of girl and very few movies will ever be as good as its book version. Except maybe the Lord of the Rings series. Sorry, Tolkien.

No comments:

Post a Comment